Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Will Ryla Ever Sleep Through The Night?!?



Hey Ya’ll!




I hope all is well! Everything is going good on my end. Just wanted to provide an update with Ryla’s night time regimen. Let’s just say about every night is different. 


Most nights Ryla is sleep by 9:30pm but once or twice a week she goes left field and acts like sleep is the worst thing in the world. If she only knew how wonderful getting a full night’s sleep was! On a typical night she has her warm bath between 7 and 7:30, bottle by 8, and is sleep by 9-9:30. On those off nights Ryla fights her sleep something terrible. She screams to the top of her lungs and I just have to be patient to soothe her to sleep. She loves white noise. Usually when I play it it calms her down and she goes right to sleep. I was pulling up white noise on YouTube but I recently bought a teddy bear that plays the soothing sounds. Right now for her bath and hair I use Aveeno products. Soon, I’ll be switching to shea moisture for her shampoo because I love me some shea moisture! 



At 7 weeks we introduced Ryla to cereal. We just put about a half of teaspoon in her formula (she is drinking 4oz now) and it does wonders. Before, Ryla was waking up faithfully every 2 hours to eat. I was like heck naw! Since putting cereal in her formula she only wakes up once a night which is wonderful. She also seems to be in a deeper sleep at night so certain noises don’t wake her up like they used to. 


Right now her nighttime regimen just consist of a warm bath and a bottle but I will start rubbing her body down with lotion or oil and reading her a bedtime story. I want to start those two things around 3 or 4 months. 


Ryla will be 2 months on October 24th and I still can’t believe how much she’s grown. She’s getting so chunky and is finally starting to get fat rolls lol (I love a fat baby). She’s still in size 1 diaper and can still fit newborn clothes but they are snug so she has graduated to 3 months and some 3-6 month clothes. My baby is growing up *tear*. She is also cooing a lot more and is no longer a bobble head lol. She can hold her head up for longer periods of time. She is very clingy. When we put her in her bouncer she’s content for like 10-15 minutes before she’s crying for somebody to pick her up. Once you pick her up she’s fine. She wasn’t really held a lot as a newborn because she was always sleep so I don’t know where this being extra clingy is coming from so hopefully that stage will come to an end as she gets older. 



Also, Ryla has started daycare. It’s an in-home daycare and it’s her and about two other babies. Ryan and I really wanted an in-home daycare because it’s less worries about germs and our baby getting sick. Ryan has known the owners for years so there was really no worries about her caregivers. On her first day it was a little sad because I was so used to having Ryla with me during the day but after about the second day and noticing how much I could get done during the day I was back to normal lol. Ryla will probably attend this in-home daycare until the age of two where she will be going to a daycare that has more of a school setting. 


Ya’ll pray for me for my maternity leave is coming to an end. I have truly enjoyed my time being at home with Ryla and also taking out time for myself. I’m a lover of sleep so I know it’s going to be an adjustment to get in the routine or working 8 hours a day and also being a mommy but I’m sure I will adjust fairly quickly. I’ll just be a zombie at work for a while until I adjust to getting no sleep lol!


Stay tuned for more Ryla updates and anything else I feel like blogging about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment