Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bragging

Heyyy Loves!!!! Soooooo, as I browse instagram, twitter, and facebook I see a lot of people (especially my age) that are so called “bragging” about what they got and what they about to get and most of the time the bragging is about clothes, shoes, cars, and about what other people don’t have that they got. All those material things are nice..trust me..but does that mean that person has more and is better than the next person? I think not!! You know I understand that people work for what they got so it’s expected for people to flaunt and show what they work for but when bragging is put to use to put the next person down to make themselves seem like they are better than the next then that’s when it becomes an issue. There has to be an age limit where “bragging” has to stop LoL. What do people get out of bragging? I don’t understand. Does bragging give a person validity that they “got it” and that they are “better” than  everybody else? Some bragging is good but most of the time it used to put the next person down. As a 25 y/o with a career, about to be married, and almost has her ducks in row my type of bragging consist of having a job, a 401K, my own car, my own money, a master’s degree, a great family oriented foundation, great friends, omg the list goes on and on.

Comment below and tell me your thoughts about so called “bragging”

6 comments:

  1. I call it "new money".......When you are used to nice things you don't have to brag. I rarely upload new things to ig or social networks like clothes, shoes, etc because I get packages daily...it would get redundant and at a point it's understood that you like to shop. I have three cars not including my fiance's but from social networking u would never know that because I don't value material things like that. I will never understand people who always announce their next purchase...just buy it and we'll see it when u rock it!!! Geesh!! The only thing that makes u better than other people in my opinion is staying HUMBLE. I will never let my money make me look down on others (except of course my enemies and frenemies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach!! I hate when people use what they are blessed with to look down on others. LoL at your enemies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got a chance to comment on this!!! Its true, its new money. A lot of people look for their validation in their material things. Now, granted theres nothing wrong with being happy about your success!!! I think everyone likes to look good and feel good! And when you work hard for those things, you appreciate it more. There are a million ways I could "STUNT" on people but I'm humble so I don't do it for the recognition. God has blessed us all in a major way, so I live by my motto WHAT'S UNDERSTOOD DOESN'T HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED! My financial position is something I've worked hard for, and instead of trying to show off I use it to EMPOWER others!!!! Great post Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit it right on the money! Thanks for that!

      Delete
  4. I think It's an unconscious reflection of a person negative self worth, depending on what they are "flaunting" never really understood how anyone would equate money to self value, BUT then again this is America and so many things contribute to the nonsense...Peace Queen!

    ReplyDelete