Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aren't we all real life mannequins??

A mannequin is a dummy or person who wears clothing to be photographed or to be displayed before customers, buyers... a clothes model. So aren't we all real life mannequins? Think about it, most of us dress a certain way at a certain point of time so we can be seen, to show off our clothes, to be the "show stopper" but isn't that what a mannequin is used for??? When we see something we like on a mannequin in a store we usually go to the sales employee and ask them "Where is that shirt that the mannequin is wearing" or "Can I have those pants off the mannequin" right? So why when somebody likes the style of another it's called "jocking" or trying to be like somebody else? If I see somebody wearing a shirt I really like then heck yea I'm going to ask them where they got it from. It's not that I'm trying to be like them or steal their style, its because I like their style and that I want the shirt too LoL! Style is how you make it! Your style is just that YOUR STYLE. Nobody can take that from you. Instead of saying "oh she/he trying to be like me" just be flattered that your style is having an influence on somebody else! 

State your opinion by commenting below. Do you agree or disagree with this statement??

                                              *~*My Style is just that..MY STYLE!!!!*~*



2 comments:

  1. I agree........that's the gift and curse of being too fashionable...I prefer to not be anyone's mannequin but an inspiration for them to go and be creative..and come up with their own fly look.

    ReplyDelete