Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Save The Date




iphone picture quality...sorry!

I’m so excited to be doing this blog post!!! I finally sent out my save the dates!!!!! I’m late as hell sending them out but it got done. When I started thinking of what I wanted to do for the save the dates I knew I wanted to do something different. I didn’t want to do the typical magnet or postcard with our pictures on it. I wanted to do something that my guests could enjoy until the wedding. So I decided to do music cd’s of love songs. Usually people give out music cd’s as wedding favors but I switched it up and decided to do them as save the dates!

I contacted Gerald of RockSteady Productions to do my graphics. When he sent me the layout and design I was so pleased and happy with the results. The colors are great and our wedding theme is on the cd cover and the cd "Live, Love, Laugh". I couldn’t wait to get the process started. With the help of Ryan, we picked out 12 different love songs ranging from Jennifer Hudson to Luther Vandross. I wanted the cd to cater from young to old. Ryan and I also added a personal voice message for track 1 of the cd. It’s basically just us talking and telling people to save the date. It was a real cute and funny message.



I’m so glad that we did this as our save the date. Everybody loved them! The only thing I should’ve checked into before doing music cd’s was the postage. Each cd cost us $2.07 to send out so it did get a little pricey.

Overall, I get excited when people tell me how much they love the cd. It makes the cost we paid for the production and postage of the cd’s well worth it!!!!
















 

4 comments:

  1. After telling Monica not to send me one (I wasnt being rude or disrespectful, I was just trying to save my cousin money). ... But I have to say, When I opened the package, I was very surprised. This was a very beautiful "Save the Date" and track number one simply made it very personal from the two of them!

    Cant wait to see what else she has in store!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! I did CD favors for my wedding (http://www.aisleperfect.com/2013/04/ko2012-diy-wedding-favor-cd.html) so Im clearly a huge fan .. Prepping a post on different Save the Dates for the blog would love to include one of your pictures - let me know if its okay xo

    ReplyDelete