Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wedding Dress Bliss!

check out the button
Hey Ya’ll!!


There's only 50 more days until I become Mrs. Anderson! Time is flying. I've decided that I was going to be extra and wear my "Bride To Be" button until the day of the wedding ..hehe but yesterday I picked up my wedding dress!!!! I’m so pleased with the outcome. I literally transformed the dress into what I wanted it to be all while staying under budget. My wedding dress is by Alfred Angelo and when I first tired it on I was like hmm. It was nothing that I wanted in a wedding dress. I wanted a mermaid style wedding dress with a busy bottom. My personality is fun and I wanted my dress to reflect that. After staring at myself in the mirror I came to the conclusion that maybe I can just transform the dress into what I wanted it to look like and basically that’s what I did. I don’t want to describe what it looks like because I don’t want anybody to see it until I walk down the aisle to say “I Do”. I will say that the dress reflects the softer side of me. It doesn’t scream MONICA but it does show the softer, calmer side of my personality. When I saw myself yesterday I almost shedded a tear. It’s so simple yet so pretty!!!!!! I can’t wait for everybody especially Ryan to see me all dolled up in my wedding gown J


Now let’s talk about the bridal boutique where I got my wedding dress from... Ava Laurenne Bride which is located in Fredericksburg, VA. I ran across Ava Laurenne Bride at a bridal showcase in Richmond, VA. I knew I didn’t want to get my dress from the typical wedding dress store such as David’s Bridal or Tiffany’s. After seeing the dresses that Ava Laurenne had to offer I was like hmm these are different and I love different so my mom was like let’s go check them out. I made my appointment and literally upon arriving it was love at first sight. The boutique is so beautiful!!!! It gives off a vintage feel. The owner, Wendy, was so friendly and down to earth. Just the way she greets you makes you feel welcomed. My mom and I were welcomed with a pretty smile by Wendy and some lemonade!! Ava Laurenne has a variety of style dresses ranging from mermaid to vintage to lace. The boutique features a spiral staircase and it’s nice and cozy to provide you with that intimate one on one feeling during your consultation and dress fitting. I am so glad that I went with Ava Laurenne Bride. I highly recommend them!!!!






Also, look out for Ava Laurenne Bride to be featured on a bridal boutique wedding show. They were selected by www.theknot.com to be 1 of 3 boutiques to be featured on the show. How amazing is that!!!!!! I can’t wait for the show to air and trust and believe I will be tuned in for each episode!



3 comments:

  1. The boutique looks so nice Monica. I can’t wait until the wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete