Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Is Ryla Sleeping Through the Night or Naw!?!

Hey Ya’ll!

I'm so round lol!

Hope all is well! I prayed that Ryla would be sleeping through the night before I returned back to work and I believe my prayers were answered! I returned back to work on Monday and this week has been great.

Our nightly routine is that I pick her up between 5:30-6pm. The babysitter usually feeds her before I pick her up but my daughter is greedy so when we get home she’ll eat about another 1-2 ounces. Around this time it’s 6:15 so while she’s full I’ll put her in her swing and play/talk to her while I’m doing what I have to do whether it be cooking, getting myself ready for the next day, or cleaning. 7pm is bath time so I’ll give her a warm bath which she loves! She’s so calm during her baths (that Aveeno calming comfort bath is the truth!) and she loves to kick around in the water. If she’s extra tired she may be fussy during bath time but that’s very seldom. 7:30, 7:45pm it’s time to eat again so I’ll give her a bottle and while I’m feeding her I like to sing softly to relax her. She loves the song “This Little Light of Mine”. After that, Ryla girl is sleep! Ryla is sleep by 8, 8:30pm every night. She sleeps until about 1, 1:30am for another feeding. As soon as she done eating we both go right back to sleep. 

I love this stuff 

I wake up at 5am every morning, Mon-Fri, just so I can have time to get myself ready for the workday and just relax to have me time before waking Ryla up. I wake Ryla up every morning, Mon-Fri, between 6:15 and 6:30am. It’s so cute when she wakes up because she has to stretch, make all these moans and grunts, then she gives me the biggest smile! I say good morning Ryla girl then I get her ready and she’s off to daycare with daddy then that evening our nightly routine starts all over again.

Even though Ryla wakes up once during the night, I am still getting a good night’s rest. I’m usually sleep by 10pm every night so I’m refreshed when my alarm clocks goes off at 5am. Hopefully, Ryla’s sleep schedule will only improve from here where she’s sleep before 8:30pm every night and sleeps into the morning until I wake her up but we shall see.

This nightly routine is working for us but I will start incorporating more play time as she gets older because I know she will probably stay awake longer in the evenings and also I would like to start reading to her every night before she goes to sleep. She'll be two months Saturday so I'm thinking about incorporating those two things when she turns 3 months. 


Stay tuned for more blog posts!







No comments:

Post a Comment