Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ryla is a big girl now

Hey Ya'll!



This is Ryla's ONE month update! My newborn baby is growing up *tear*. She has changed in so many ways. She's cooing, laughing more, very alert, her face features are more defined, and her personality is coming through. During her one month doctor visit she was 8lbs, 12oz and still 20in long. She wears three month clothes (she can still wear some newborn clothes) and is in a size one diaper. She's healthy and on track for her age. I love that little girl so much and seeing her grow has been wonderful and exciting.



She did so good at her 1 month checkup

One thing for sure she no longer sleeps like a newborn. Today she is five weeks, two days so it's time for me to start a schedule. She's a good sleeper but getting her to sleep is the issue. This girl fights her sleep like no other. When she feels herself drifting off to sleep she just yelps in a loud cry. I be like really Ryla lol. Once she's sleep she's good! She wakes up twice for a feeding then goes right back to sleep. Although, she's only five weeks my goal is to get her sleeping through the night or only waking up once for a feeding by time she's three months.
 

I will start a bedtime schedule with her starting at six weeks. Hopefully, while at daycare she can keep her nap schedule but her nightly routine will consist of me or dad giving her a warm bath between 7:30pm-8,  a warm bottle between 8:30pm-9 (at two months I will start putting a little cereal in her milk), and having her sleep by 9:30. I currently do that now (minus the cereal) but I need to be more consistent. The more consistent I am, the better results I will see.

If I can get Ryla sleeping through the night four out of seven nights, I'll be satisfied :) Wish me luck!

Stay tuned for more updates.





No comments:

Post a Comment