Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ryla is here!



Hey Y'all!

Ryla Ann Anderson is here! She was born on Monday, August 24th at 6:54pm weighing 7lbs, 4oz and 20in long.



LABOR AND DELIVERY

  • ·         On Sunday, August 23rd (my husband’s birthday) my mucous plus started coming out and I was having contractions here and there.

  • ·         Monday morning, August 24th around 3am I started having contractions and they were 2-3 minutes apart. Also, the rest of my mucous plug came out

  • ·         Was still having contractions but they went to 5 minutes apart. At 6:45am I had a really big contraction and my water broke

  • ·         My husband jumped up, we got ourselves together, put the bags in the car, and proceeded to the hospital but wait! I had to get a breakfast sandwich from Hardee’s first :)

  • ·         Got to the hospital, nurse checked to see if my water broke and it came back negative. Did another test and it came back positive. Got checked and I was 2cm dilated. SHOWTIME!

  • ·         Nurse put me on Pitocin and contractions got longer and stronger. At 12pm had the worst pain of my life and yelled EPIDURAL!

  • ·         Epidural put me on cloud 9 and I didn’t feel any contractions after that. Legs were dumb numb!

  • ·         Had a little scare with Ryla. She was unresponsive due to to much pitocin. Doctor mentioned emergency c-section but they got Ryla back responding and her heart rate went back to normal

  • ·         Got checked around 1pm and was 4cm dilated. Got checked around 5pm and was 9cm dialated. Got checked around 6:30pm and was 10cm dilated.

  • ·         Around 6:45pm I yelled to the nurse that I had to poop and had the urge to push. The pressure was unbearable. I thought Ryla was going to fly out.

  • ·         6:50pm started pushing. My mom and husband was in the room and all they were talking about was how much hair she had

  • ·         At 38 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours of labor, and 3 pushes later at 6:54pm Ryla was born!


HOW AM I DOING!?! 
I had to get stiches in three different spots but other than that I’m doing pretty good. My recovery hasn’t been that bad. Every 8 hours I pop a 800mg Motrin and continue with my day. My stiches are starting to dissolve because it feels a whole lot better down there lol. I still have the swelling in my feet and legs so I try to just relax pretty much the entire day.

I gained 55 pounds with this pregnancy and so far I’ve lost 25. The snapback is on starting Monday. Gotta get back to what I was before I had Ryla. I’ll be using a postpartum girdle and watching what I eat. I can’t wait until I get the clear to work out again.

HOW IS BABY RYLA?!?  
Ryla is the best! From her head full of hair, thick eyebrows, and deep dimples she is just perfect! Pretty much all she do is poop, eat, and sleeps which is what she’s supposed to be doing at her age.

At her first doc appt she lost weight which is normal and had a slight case of jaundice. Her jaundice has reduced but she is being monitored for her weight gain so my husband and I are on a strict every 2 hour feeding. I’m currently breast feeding but lawd knows it’s hard. It’s something I’m struggling with but I really want to keep it up until at least 6 weeks but I do have some similac on standby.


OTHER STUFF
It has been great joy having Ryla here. Ryan and I are just so in love with her. She is so perfect and she looks exactly like me (I wish lol)! We can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us with her!








2 comments:

  1. Aww! Very sweet! The longer you nurse, the more weight you lose. So keep it up as long as you can for you and Ryla both even if you are just pumping and putting it in a bottle. I nursed for 12 months with my son, so I definitely know the struggle. Just be persistent, relax and keep trying. You'll do fine! And kudos for at least trying! Best thing you could have done! -Adrienne H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrienne! I'm trying to breastfeed as long as I can. If I can make it 6 weeks I'll be satisfied!

    ReplyDelete